Loaded Cauliflower and Broccoli Casserole with Bacon
This is a quick and easy mid-week meal, that also works great as a side dish for your Sunday Roast.
Cook time – 30 minutes
Serves – 4
160g Smoked Bacon Bits
½ large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
½ large head of broccoli, cut into florets
250g cream cheese
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise (optional)
125g mature cheddar cheese, grated
125g red Leicester, grated
Salt, Pepper and Garlic to taste
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees
- Shallow fry your smoked bacon bits until crispy, drain off oil and leave to cool.
- Steam or boil cauliflower and broccoli until tender.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl, keeping half of the cheese to spread on top.
- Place into a baking dish, and top with the remaining cheese (Crispy cheesy goodness!)
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and crisping up nicely.
- Serve and enjoy!