Cooking the perfect steak at home can seem like an art form. That’s why we have asked Puddledub Butcher and chef Graham, for his top tips for cooking steak.
Top 5 Tips for Perfect Steak
- Leave your Steak out until it reaches room temperature. This helps it to cook evenly.
- Season your Steak on both sides with Salt and Pepper before and after cooking.
- Add your Steak to the pan only when the pan is HOT – Turn your Steak over when you can see on the side of the Steak that it is cooked halfway up.
- Add oil to the steak, not the pan. If you are looking to add flavour (e.g. Butter and garlic) this can be added to the pan, baste the steak with this.
- Let it rest for at least 5 minutes before serving, as this helps to tenderise your Steak.
Make sure you cook your steak just the way you like it with our handy temperature guide.
Medium Rare: 57 °C
Medium: 63°C – 66°C
Medium Well: 68°C – 72°C
Well done: 72°C – 75°C
Buying Your Steak
We are proud to offer our customers locally sourced Scottish grass-fed Beef, hand-prepared by our expert team of butchers to guarantee quality. Sourcing our beef locally, means we are reducing food miles. That not only results in delicious beef but is also better for the planet.