Enjoy preparing this delicious recipe using the finest Puddledub pork leg steaks along with a delightful combination of onions, garlic, mushrooms, and a touch of dry sherry. Enhance the flavours with the creaminess of half-fat crème fraiche, a hint of wholegrain mustard, and a pinch of salt.
- 2 Puddledub pork leg steaks (available at our website)
- 2 small onions, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 100g of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 100ml of dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons of oil (preferably olive oil)
- 100ml of half-fat crème fraiche
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Tenderize the pork leg steaks by gently pounding them between two sheets of cling film until they are thin and evenly flattened. Cut each escallop in half for easier cooking.
- In a wide and shallow pan, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté until they become soft and fragrant. Introduce the mushrooms and continue cooking for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the sherry and allow it to come to a boil. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan to release any flavorful bits, letting the liquid reduce by half. Transfer this mixture to a separate bowl.
- Return the pan to the heat and add another tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add the pork escallops and sear them for about 2 minutes on each side. Then, reintroduce the onion and mushroom mixture to the pan.
- Stir in the crème fraiche and mustard, ensuring all ingredients are well combined. Bring the mixture back to a gentle simmer and let it cook for an additional 5 minutes. Your delicious dish is now ready to be served.