Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without a Puddledub Ham. Whether you opt for one of our ready to eat Roast Ham’s or would prefer to cook it yourself we have the ham for you.
All our hams and gammons have been dry-cured using traditional methods, from our homegrown high welfare pork, resulting in an unbeatable flavour and texture.
Traditional Glazed Ham Recipe
Follow these simple steps to get a perfectly cooked succulent ham at home this Christmas.
- Soak the ham overnight.
- Wash under cold running water.
- Return the ham to the saucepan with the bouquet garni and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for required cooking time (20minutes per 1lb/450g).
- Remove from the saucepan and cut away the outer skin leaving a thin layer of fat.
- Score the fat into diamonds and press in whole cloves.
- Cover with the mixture of brown sugar and mustard.
- Place in a deep roasting tray and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 200oC /400oF / Gas Mark 6 for 20 -30 minutes until the glaze is golden.