If you are looking for something simple and tasty for a midweek meal then you should try our easy Pork Chorizo Cassoulet recipe.
These quantities serve 6 people.
- 400g of sliced Puddledub chorizo sausage
- 250g of Lentils vert
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- 1 large clove of garlic, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large sprig of rosemary
- 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Heat the oil in a heavy based casserole and fry the chorizo until starting to colour. Add the onion, carrot, celery & garlic. Stir to heat through and begin to brown.
- Tip in the lentils, rosemary, bay leaf and enough water to almost cover the contents of the pan.
- Stir and bring to the boil. Turn down to a simmer, place a lid on the pan and simmer slowly for 40 min.
- To serve, stir through the chopped parsley and adjust the seasoning if necessary.