Puddledub pork steaks are beautifully tender and lean. This recipe flattens them into escallops so that they cook really quickly.
What You Need...
2 Puddledub pork leg steaks
2 small onions – sliced
1 clove garlic - chopped
100g mushrooms – sliced
100ml dry sherry
2 tbsp oil
100ml ½ fat crème fraiche
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
½ tsp salt
1. Bat out the pork leg steaks between 2 pieces of cling film until
they are thin and flat. Cut each escallop in half.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wide, shallow pan. Fry the onions and
garlic over a medium heat until softened. Add the mushrooms and
cook for 5 minutes, stirring now and again.
3. Add the sherry and boil, scraping the bottom of the pan and
reducing the liquid by half. Remove to a bowl.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and when hot, add the pork escallops. Fry for
2 min each side then add the onion and mushrooms back to the pan.
5. Add the crème fraiche and mustard, stir well, bring back to a
simmer and cook for 5 min before serving.